Joshua Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5-15-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION

4 posters

Go down

5-15-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION Empty 5-15-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION

Post by avbarte Sun May 15, 2016 7:50 am

READ
John 15:5
John 15
John 16

Remaining in Jesus

In today’s reading, Jesus continues giving his closest followers invaluable information before He leaves them. Jesus said, “Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit.” He is the source of our lives. Through relationship with Him, we will naturally bear fruit in this world, without striving. The life that flows from Him to us is the Holy Spirit, who empowers us to love one another and lead people to Jesus.

Reflection:

What does it look like to remain in Jesus? Jesus chose YOU and appointed YOU so you might go and bear fruit that will last. Today, think about the significant role God has given you in the world.

avbarte

Back to top Go down

5-15-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION Empty Re: 5-15-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION

Post by avbarte Mon May 16, 2016 7:50 pm

““Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

A few months ago I awoke early one morning being prompted to pray for each of my students. I was exhausted. Sleep was foremost on my mind. I obeyed. The next morning I was able to see the fruit of my prayer.
There are other moments I choose not to remain in Him. I feel distant. It becomes a downward spiral. Self pity. Discouragement. Self reliance. What fruit do I bear? Complaining. Don't think that's a fruit.
Last week I was prompted once again. This time it was not to pray FOR the children but in THANKSGIVING for each of their gifts. The fruit produced was a miracle. Each walking in their gifts!
To be connected and close. To remain in Him. Him in me.

avbarte

Back to top Go down

Post by pearl Mon May 23, 2016 11:22 pm

After our family vacation, Maima asked if I'd lead worship for Metui on the 29th, and I was more than willing but realized that up to that point, worship and the meditation it takes to put a set together was farthest from my mind. I felt bad. While "worship leader" is a job description, "worshipper" is part of who I am. Last week's emphasis on remaining in Him was a good encouragement. Yes, I've been conscious of God and we still talked throughout the day, but the schedule change challenged me to take it a step further and also be conscious of worshipping Him throughout the day as well. My testimony of this challenge is that Toria texted me Friday afternoon if we could switch Sundays. One day to pick a set to email the team! But I was ready.

“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.” ‭‭John‬ ‭15:8‬ ‭NASB‬‬.

Whether I'm on stage or not, I hope this lifestyle of worship will continue to bear fruit that glorifies Him.

pearl
Admin

https://joshuageneration.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ericajoy Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:25 pm

John 15:8 says that the Father is glorified when we bear much fruit. I love that. Thank you God for your blessings. May we be in You and bear fruit and prove to the world that we are you're disciples and that it's the only way to really live Smile

I think that for me, kinda like pearl was saying, worship really helps me "remain in Him." Worship music or just a worshipping attitude and heart. Helps me keep the perspective right. Also just makes me feel good ;D. I'm so grateful to our worship team at church who sometimes kicks me into the right place of being "in Him." Music is powerful for me. But also thankfulness helps me "remain."

Ericajoy

Back to top Go down

Post by jburrill Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:52 pm

I believe to remain in Jesus requires that we keep an awareness of him.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I think it looks like keeping in communication with Him (praying without ceasing, but I don't think it's just requests) and fearing him (walking in obedience and humility.)

For me this has been a real struggle lately. For me, having alone and quiet time is really important for me to remain in him and to maintain that intimacy of relationship. That is something that just doesn't come easy right now.

jburrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down