Joshua Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6-5-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION

2 posters

Go down

6-5-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION Empty 6-5-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION

Post by avbarte Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Read
John 19:30
John 18
John 19

Paid in Full

Today, we’ll read about the most sacrificial act of love ever. It happened just like Jesus said and billions of people have been transformed by it. May we read John 18 and 19 with fresh eyes as we are reminded of Jesus’ incredible sacrifice for us.

Reflection:

Jesus knew who He was, and He had incredible security even when He was under pressure and faced rejection. Do you know who you are in Christ? Today, the Holy Spirit wants to reveal your identity in Him and strengthen your spirit. What hit you as you read about Jesus’ death? Thank Jesus for His sacrifice and those things that impacted you in John 18-19.

avbarte

Back to top Go down

6-5-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION Empty Re: 6-5-16 SCRIPTURE REFLECTION

Post by Ericajoy Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:52 pm

John 19:11 Jesus tells Pilate, you would have no authority over me if God did not give it to you. This is a comfort to me. Reminds me that God knows all, and He is in charge even in junk situations. To me this is why Jesus is secure even when facing death and why we can be too.

John 18:31
He Jews say we cannot put anyone to death. This reminds me of the prophecy given about the scepter not departing from Judah until Shiloh come in Genesis-Missler connection Smile

Ericajoy

Back to top Go down