Joshua Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-20-2016 Scripture Reflection

5 posters

Go down

3-20-2016 Scripture Reflection Empty 3-20-2016 Scripture Reflection

Post by JGStu Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:53 pm

The Life Giver

Read:
John 3:16
John 3
John 4

What if you heard John 3:16 for the first time directly from the mouth of Jesus? What if Jesus told you that He wanted to give you life-giving water or heal your son? Put yourself in the sandals of Nicodemus or the woman at the well as you read John 3 and 4. Nicodemus was a Pharisee, a Jewish Leader, who realized Jesus was sent from God and wanted to know more about Him. The woman at the well was a Samaritan and Jews hated Samaritans, but that didn’t matter to Jesus. He knew all about her past yet He still cared deeply about her. He wanted her to realize that He is the living water. Jesus is the life-giver and He sustains us.

Reflection:

How did Nicodemus respond to Jesus’ message? How did the woman respond to Jesus? Jesus knows what you need, and He wants to meet you right where you are. What do you need from God today?

JGStu

Back to top Go down

3-20-2016 Scripture Reflection Empty Re: 3-20-2016 Scripture Reflection

Post by Ericajoy Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:23 pm

The good man, the bad girl, the official they all needed Jesus. I wonder if nicodemus ends up believing in Christ? All the rest do.

I love john 3:27-"a person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven." What do I need? I need every next breath in Him.

Ericajoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ericajoy Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Without Him, I am an anxious mess when faced with hardship. But I don't have to fear because God sees it all and not one thing comes down to me without Him knowing it.

Ericajoy

Back to top Go down

Post by avbarte Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:55 am

“After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.””
‭‭John‬ ‭3:2‬ ‭
“Many Samaritans from the village believed in Jesus because the woman had said, “He told me everything I ever did!””“Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not just because of what you told us, but because we have heard him ourselves. Now we know that he is indeed the Savior of the world.””
‭‭John‬ ‭4:39, 42‬ ‭
Jesus asked, “Will you never believe in me unless you see miraculous signs and wonders?””John‬ ‭4:48
“Then the father realized that that was the very time Jesus had told him, “Your son will live.” And he and his entire household believed in Jesus.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:53‬ ‭

Nicodemus, the woman, and the official - they all needed proof that Jesus was the Messiah before they believed, but not so sure about Nicodemus because it doesn't say whether he believed or not. Goal: John 3:30

““I don’t have a husband,” the woman replied. Jesus said, “You’re right! You don’t have a husband— for you have had five husbands, and you aren’t even married to the man you’re living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!””
‭‭John‬ ‭4:17-18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

No judgement, no negative connotation, no condemnation. Jesus just says You’re right! and You certainly spoke the truth! All He does is turn that mirror towards ourselves and with the power of the Holy Spirit He teaches me what I need to learn at just the perfect time in my life.

avbarte

Back to top Go down

Post by pearl Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:49 am

My impression is that Nicodemus was smart and wanted logical reasoning, so Jesus delivered and Nicodemus kept groping for understanding. Jesus had the last word but it was deep enough that I'm sure Nicodemus had plenty to mull over. "Help me understand who You are."

Based on the Samaritan woman's history of 5 husbands, I'd guess she was really desperate to fill a void in her life and her ex's didn't cut it. Jesus knew how to speak to her as well, and she responds with heart: I'm camping out at the well alone, yet the Messiah takes the time to reveal truth to someone like me? Everyone, I really think this Guy's the Messiah! "The Messiah accepts me."

If I heard John 3:16 for the first time, I'd think it was too easy. Who in their right mind would trade their only son for something as simple as perishing people believing just so that said perishing people could have eternal life? What does God win in the end? All He wants is to be in relationship with crazy little me? I'm glad He doesn't get tired of rescuing me...this week, I relate so much to the Samaritan woman. I see my failures but I need to see what Jesus sees in me, and for whatever crap and diamonds He sees in me, He loves me. "I am worthy of His faithful love."

pearl
Admin

https://joshuageneration.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JGStu Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:10 am

Its interesting to me that Jesus is able to relate to these different classes of people. Sort of like rich(nicodemus) poor(woman) and middle(official) classes. And the best thing about it is He didnt change how he spoke to each of them. In my job i try to treat all the customers the same, but i have to say, generally, the more affluent the person the more grace i need to show them.

JGStu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonzimon Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Nicodemus seemed to take what Jesus said literally and did not seem to understand. If I was Nicodemus I don’t think I would understand either as what Jesus was saying and would probably be offended at the way Jesus kind of talked down to him.

The Samaritan woman kind of seemed cautious in the beginning like she was skeptical of what this guy’s intentions were because he was a Jew and she was a Samaritan. Then she was interested in the living water and ended up telling everyone in the town about him.

Of course Jesus knows what you need and in the case of Nicodemus he was a scholar so he probably needed to be challenged and in the case of the Samaritan woman she needed to be encouraged. Today, I feel like I need to be encouraged. I feel like God has been challenging me ever since we moved here in 2009 and after this year’s taxes I am feeling discouraged.

Sonzimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down